Senior DevOps Engineer #CAE #Simulation #Microservices #Cloud
Your mission at SimScale is, together with our developers, to build and continuously improve a robust and scalable infrastructure for running our development and production services.
This means staying on top of changes in the cloud computing world, but also technologies and concepts like micro-services and containers, to help foresee the architecture and infrastructure SimScale will need tomorrow.
You ensure that our developers can efficiently and safely test their changes and put them in production, with infrastructure in place for techniques like canary or gradual releases, or blue-green deployment, and logging and metrics to ensure proper behavior of our complex service architecture. Depending on skill set and workload, you also help to adapt existing or new components to infrastructure, e.g., migrating a component to a message-based architecture.
You will be working at the intersection of a complex service-oriented web application and the world of Computer-Aided-Engineering, which brings interesting challenges of its own, such as the combination of significant computations resulting in large amounts of data, while at the same time empowering a thriving community of users to collaborate and to share simulation projects.
- At least 4 years of experience architecting and maintaining the infrastructure for a complex service-oriented system
- At least 2 years as a developer with the ability to better understand developers’ needs and how to address them
- Very solid skills in Linux or comparable OS
- Service-mindset: You feel responsible for keeping the infrastructure running and continuously looking for the next improvements
- Data-driven: Knowing how to collect data, such as service or infrastructure metrics, and analyze and act on them
- Experience with a cloud provider, especially AWS
- Sensibility towards IT security and the topic of concurrency
- Being involved in open source projects
Bossless organization structure, the informal and open culture, we have no guys who parasitize on the food chain of accountability, flexible processes. Work on the Ukrainian calendar and time zone.
At SimScale (www.simscale.com) , our mission is to help engineers worldwide to develop their products faster, easier, and better. We are fascinated by the potential of simulation technology and work hard to make it easier and more accessible than ever before. To that end, we are building the world’s first completely web-based engineering simulation platform — bringing high-performance computing technology to the fingertips of every engineer and scientist in the world.
Shape the next generation of simulation technology together with a team of highly talented engineers, mathematicians, and computer scientists!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- An international and enthusiastic team with high technical expertise, dedication, and lots of fun
- Attractive startup atmosphere: flat hierarchies and independent work environment
- Fun team events and a calm and professional working environment
- Ambitious, self-responsible tasks and projects that leave space for creativity and provide the chance to learn a lot in a short time
- Startup spirit
- Flexible working hours
- Provide thousands of engineers with the next generation of simulation technology and help them be better at what they do